An Introductory Course in Practical Philosophy
Back by popular demand, this course will be held in-person from our school in Claremont, Cape Town.
This is an engaging 10-session course considering philosophical ideas and questions affecting our everyday lives.
Do any of us really know who we are? Or why?
- For thousands of years, philosophy has been searching for answers and seeking the truth in everything.
- Through Practical Philosophy, we seek understanding not through theory, but from our own direct experience. Living life to the full.
Over 6000 Capetonians have completed these courses in Practical Philosophy.
- R610 for the full 10-week in-person course, including refreshments
- Morning group: Thursday 26th Jan 2023 at 9:30am (and for the following 9 weeks on Thursday mornings)
- or -
- Evening group: Wednesday 25th Jan 2023 at 7pm (and for the following 9 weeks on Wednesday evenings)
- This course is currently being offered in-person at our Claremont premises.
- Sessions are once a week (either mornings or evenings), and last for approximately 2 - 2.5 hours.
- Students follow a set curriculum but there is ample time for questions and lively discussion.
- All students are strongly recommended to complete the Starter Course
before following on with the rest of the Foundation Courses.
Who is this course for?
The Course Outline:
- People seeking practical tools for empowerment and self-mastery & self discovery.
- Are you needing simple and proven ways to reduce the stresses in your life?
- Have you ever asked the question, "who am I?" or "why am I here?"
- For those who which to increase their levels of awareness.
- An opportunity to meet like-minded people.
- Week 1 - The wisdom within
- Week 2 - Know thyself
- Week 3 - Being awake
- Week 4 - The present moment
- Week 5 - Living justly
- Week 6 - The Threefold Energy
- Week 7 - The light of reason
- Week 8 - The power of beauty
- Week 9 - Unity in diversity
- Week 10 - The desire for truth