An Introductory Course in Practical Philosophy
Back by popular demand, this course will be held in-person from our school in Claremont, Cape Town.
This is an engaging 10-session course considering philosophical ideas and questions affecting our everyday lives.
Do any of us really know who we are? Or why?
- For thousands of years, philosophy has been searching for answers and seeking the truth in everything.
- Through Practical Philosophy, we seek understanding not through theory, but from our own direct experience. Living life to the full.
Over 6000 Capetonians have completed these courses in Practical Philosophy.
Was R820 for 10 weeks - now R560 for the full 10-week in-person course, including refreshments
- Thursday 20 Jan 2022 at 7pm (and for the following 9 weeks on Thursday evenings) - or -
- Saturday 22 Jan 2022 at 1pm (and for the following 9 weeks on Saturday afternoons)
- This course is currently being offered in-person at our Claremont premises.
- Sessions are once a week (either mornings or evenings), and last for approximately 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Students follow a set curriculum but there is ample time for questions and lively discussion.
Who is this course for?
- People seeking practical tools for empowerment and self-mastery & self discovery.
- Are you needing simple and proven ways to reduce the stresses in your life?
- Have you ever asked the question, "who am I?" or "why am I here?"
- For those who which to increase their levels of awareness.
- An opportunity to meet like-minded people.
What about our concerns COVID?
- We are very mindful about the risks associated with holding in-person events.
- We follow regulations and all the good common-sense practices (sanitising, social distancing, etc)
- Group sizes are limited to minimise risk.
- Only 1 or 2 groups will be at our school premises at a time.
- We are aware that many people are high-risk and would urge them to rather attend one of our Zoom-based online courses.
- For those people who are now open for in-person events, with the opportunity for interaction and meeting people, this course is for you.
The Course Outline:
- Week 1 - The wisdom within
- Week 2 - Know thyself
- Week 3 - Being awake
- Week 4 - The present moment
- Week 5 - Living justly
- Week 6 - The Threefold Energy
- Week 7 - The light of reason
- Week 8 - The power of beauty
- Week 9 - Unity in diversity
- Week 10 - The desire for truth
Cost: R560 for the full 10-week course, including refreshments.
Course format: Sessions are once a week (either Thursdays or Saturdays), and last for approximately 2 hours. Students follow a set curriculum but there is ample time for questions and lively discussion.
All students are strongly recommended to complete the Starter Course before following on with the rest of the Foundation Courses.