An Introductory Course in Practical Philosophy
Back by popular demand, this course will be held in-person from our school in Claremont, Cape Town.
This is an engaging 10-session course considering philosophical ideas and questions affecting our everyday lives.
Do any of us really know who we are? Or why?
- For thousands of years, philosophy has been searching for answers and seeking the truth in everything.
- Through Practical Philosophy, we seek understanding not through theory, but from our own direct experience. Living life to the full.
Over 6000 Capetonians have completed these courses in Practical Philosophy.Course format:
- This course is currently being offered in-person at our Claremont premises.
- Sessions are once a week (either mornings or evenings), and last for approximately 2 - 2.5 hours.
- Students follow a set curriculum but there is ample time for questions and lively discussion.
- All students are strongly recommended to complete the Introductory Course
before following on with the rest of the Foundation Courses.
Who is this course for?
The Course Outline:
- People seeking practical tools for empowerment and self-mastery & self discovery.
- Are you needing simple and proven ways to reduce the stresses in your life?
- Have you ever asked the question, "who am I?" or "why am I here?"
- For those who which to increase their levels of awareness.
- An opportunity to meet like-minded people.
- Week 1 - The wisdom within
- Week 2 - Know thyself
- Week 3 - Being awake
- Week 4 - The present moment
- Week 5 - Living justly
- Week 6 - The Threefold Energy
- Week 7 - The light of reason
- Week 8 - The power of beauty
- Week 9 - Unity in diversity
- Week 10 - The desire for truth