This course runs over 5 weeks.
Students are strongly recommended to complete this course before proceeding with any of the other Foundation Courses
- Intro to Mindfulness
- Our state of mind
- The mind model
- How wisdom can guide us, moment to moment
- The hallmarks of wisdom
- Learning the 5 senses mindfulness practice
Takeaways: You will be taught a senses-based mindfulness exercise that will calm your mind.
- Mindfulness definition & practice
- Habits - Breaking and making new habits
- Discipline of Mindfulness
- Know Thyself
- Meaning of self-knowledge
- Throughout all the changes – what remains constant?
- Simple observation through mindfulness opens the door to deeper knowledge
Takeaways: You will learn how to master habits in a positive way that will develop your mindfulness. You will also establish accountability partners to help your progress.
- A practical mindfulness exercise
- Levels of awareness
- Deep Sleep
- Waking sleep
- Fully awake
- Higher consciousness
- How to shift states using mindfulness techniques
Takeaways: You will learn how better sleep habits improve your day as well as methods to become more conscious during the day.
- Need / Opportunity and Stillness
- How being mindful allows us to tap into our Inner Resources, allowing your full potential to manifest
- Plato's 'When anger and fear' quotation
- Fear and overcoming it
Takeaways: You will be taught a technique for discovering your potential by tapping into your inner resources. You will also learn several mindfulness methods for overcoming paralysing fear.
- A hands-on practical session with various mindfulness exercises:
- walking, sleeping, eating & breathing exercises
Takeaways: You will leave this session armed with many practical methods for bringing mindfulness into everyday actions.
Cost: R410 for the full 5-week course.
Course format: Sessions are once a week (either mornings or evenings), and are approximately 2 hours. Students follow a set curriculum but there is ample time for questions and lively discussion.
All students are strongly recommended to complete this Mindfulness 101 Course or the Philosophy Starter Course before following on with the rest of the Foundation Courses.
Book Now >
Places are always limited due to a fixed number of students per course.