This course runs over 5 weeks.
Students are strongly recommended to complete this course before proceeding with any of the other Foundation Courses
- Intro to Mindfulness.
- Our state of mind.
- The mind model.
- How wisdom can guide us, moment to moment.
- The hallmarks of wisdom.
- Learning the 5 senses mindfulness practice.
- Mindfulness definition & practice.
- Habits - Breaking and making new habits.
- Discipline of Mindfulness.
- Know Thyself.
- Meaning of self-knowledge.
- Throughout all the changes – what remains constant?
- Simple observation through mindfulness opens the door to deeper knowledge.
- A practical mindfulness exercise.
- Levels of awareness.
- Deep Sleep.
- Waking sleep.
- Fully awake.
- Higher consciousness.
- How to shift states using mindfulness techniques.
- Need / Opportunity and Stillness.
- How being mindful allows us to tap into our Inner Resources, allowing the full potential to manifest.
- Plato's 'When anger and fear' quotation. Injustice.
- Fear and overcoming it.
- A hands-on practical session with various mindfulness exercises:
- walking, sleeping, eating & breathing.
Cost: R410 for the full 5-week course, including refreshments.
Course format: Sessions are once a week (either mornings or evenings), and last for approximately 2.5 hours. Students follow a set curriculum but there is ample time for questions and lively discussion.
All students are strongly recommended to complete this Mindfulness 101 Course or the Philosophy Starter Course before following on with the rest of the Foundation Courses.